Well the day is almost here! Our new statue is being installed in the Temple, and we will celebrate that, and the Full Moon, with a Feast to Sekhmet on Sunday, August 10, 2014.
Please read the following information carefully, as this event is quite different from what we normally do:
* We are expecting a very large group, probably over 100 people attending. For this reason, we are asking everyone to park at the Spring or at the Guest House, and walk to the front of the Temple where the food tables will be set up. (We are hoping to have several shuttle drivers to help transport people and food.)
* Parking at the Temple will be only for our shuttle drivers and persons unable to walk the 600 feet from the Spring or Guest House.
* Dinner is a potluck, with the Temple providing a vegetarian Egyptian bean stew, traditional honey cakes, red (iced) tea and bottled water. You are welcome to bring whatever you’d like to share. (The dish need only have 4 to 6 servings.)
* You are welcome to visit the new Sekhmet statue at the temple any time after 8:00 am on Sunday, August 10th. Please plan to arrive no later than 6:30 pm to give yourself time in the Temple and to set up your potluck dish.
* If you are bringing flowers to the Temple, be sure to bring a vase. I will have the hose on for water, but will not be able to provide vases.
* If you have a folding chair (or two) you can bring along, please do. We will probably need them!
* We will bless the food at 7:15 pm, and begin the ritual at approximately 8:15 pm. Remember: This is all in front of the Temple, not the Guest House
* Temple Founder Genevieve Vaughan, along with her daughter, Amelia, will be in attendance, as well as many other very well-known Goddess women. It is going to be an amazing evening!
If you have any questions or comments, please give me a call at (702) 569-0630, or message me on Facebook.
Love and blessings,
Temple of Goddess Spirituality, dedicated to Sekhmet